Lead Programmer [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
Berlin - Full-time - 743999698510689
As Lead Programmer [Unannounced Project (f/m/d) you will work closely with your team to support them driving the development of different features. You will oversee the architecture of various game relevant systems, as well as fostering a good climate within the team to enable people and invest in their development. You will be working closely with other leads and people from different disciplines as well as the lead studio, using agile methodologies to drive the work.
Further responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of interdisciplinary programmers
- Mentor, manage and regularly review team members to continue building a cohesive and effective team
- Foster a healthy collaboration of the various programming groups within the team together with the project leadership group
- Spearhead the design and development of architecture and features within the mandate scope
- Oversee and engage in architectural and systemic direction that is in line with the internal team as well as the lead studio
- Work within the project core team to align on priorities, roadmap projection
- Identify risks and opportunities presented during the development and provide solutions to resolve potentially complex problems
- Enable the team to be successful in delivering quality and growing with their responsibilities
- Help the team to define and plan the work
- Where needed, support your team actively in achieving set goals/work
- Identify and self-responsibly drive your own work
- Maintain a healthy collaboration and communication with the lead studio
- Reliable lead and team player with a bottom-up approach and servant leadership mindset
- Experience leading a team in achieving development objectives
- 5+ years of development experience and shipped at least 1 title
- Solid knowledge of C# and/or Java, proficiency in C++
- Proficient in refactoring and optimising existing systems
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of multi-threaded principles
- Ability to work efficiently with a large, existing code base
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Ability to form technical designs based on requirements of other departments (Game Design, Art, Gameplay etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills in English
- Willing to relocate to Berlin, Germany
- Experience in development with Console SDKs (PS4 and Xbox)
- Knowledge of work related to scalable backend architecture (experience with microservices, databases, deployment)
- Master, Bachelor or equivalent in computer science or engineering
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno”, “Far Cry” and many more.
The newly established Ubisoft Berlin studio is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams, but also on an unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
As a newly established Ubisoft studio, we have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds, we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole. Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
We are now accepting applications for Lead Programmer [Unannounced Project (f/m/d) to be based at our studio in Berlin.