Lead Game Designer [Anno] (f/m/d)
Mainz - Full-time - 743999732626457
As a critically acclaimed and award-winning franchise, Anno delivers a rich city-building experience and provides players ample opportunities to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistic networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare.
Being a Lead Game Designer on Anno, you will guide an experienced, talented and highly motivated team of designers towards greater efficiency, growth and design quality. You will support them in the creation of workflows, techniques and AAA game systems.
Following the notion that comprehensible, consistent and elegant systems should form the foundation of how our games work, you help your designers adjust and balance their features, bringing them from concept to playability. You channel the talents of your team members, motivating them to meet their full potential and inspiring them to do their best work.
Thanks to your expertise, leadership skills, and ability to make informed choices, not only can your own team look to you for information and direction, but so can others. You’re a go-to person for advice and a valuable resource for our studio.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the game director, production and other leads in order to push project quality and ensure that all game design is in line with the project’s creative vision, technical guidelines and standards
- Inspire, mentor and challenge your team in order to develop both their creative and technical skillset
- Plan, prioritize and set ambitious but realistic goals and proper workflows for your team
- Provide regular reviews and meaningful feedback on performance and development to team members in a clear and constructive manner
- Create an environment which allows for open dialogue and encourage
What you bring:
- At least 5 years of experience in game design or related experience; including shipping at least one AAA title
- Experience managing and leading a team (in a Lead or Associate Lead capacity)
- Strong game design skills and thorough understanding of overall game design processes
- A highly innovative, empathetic, and collaborative spirit
- Exceptional mentorship, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Solid knowledge of game production pipelines and familiarity with common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools (such as Perforce, Jira, etc.)
- Able to drive change and inspire others to generate new ideas
- Strong verbal and written English skills
* RTS experience is a plus
* German skills are a plus
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, skills, and any games shipped
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
Please feel free to send us samples of your work (attach files or send us a link to your demo reel or online portfolio)
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2.
More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.